Saturday, February 21, 2009

New project WIP

What's this about?

It is Gleneagle by Jean Hilton

Yup, needlepoint, canvas, pearl #3, 5, 8 and floss that must be carefully laid.

This is the second time around,
I finished one in 1998.




I started this on 14 count which is what it was designed for. Last time, I did it on 18 count, with pearl 5, 8 and 12. I like 18 count a lot more, so I have ordered that plus 3 different colorways because, of course, you can't get #12 in colors like you can with 8.

What is new this week:
finishing a little tape measure by
I'll cross that stitch when I come to it

In how do I stitch
Johanna's needlework stitch diagrams

In finishing
Violarium heart shaped pinkeep
Tintock Tap for 15 sided biscornu
Banukarotti SAL
Stitch Creations

In Mystery
An important flower by Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks.
And a word of advice: If you see it, like it or find it useful, save it or print it. I have found two very good resources for conversions are gone - just can't keep up with updates. I wish there was a place for such orphans that maybe we could keep up to date as a community. Oh well, life goes on.


2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that someone is actually stitching Gleneagle. I did this project about 13 years ago, and loved every darned minute of it. I'm hope to see your progress as time goes on.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color way you've chosen for Gleneagle and look forward to viewing your progress. I noticed all the beautiful vintage stitching accessories in the background of your photo. An exciting collection, what are those little gold walnut looking things?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. Comments are moderated.