Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pulled Thread Techniques


There is a pulled thread discussion group at stitchinfingers at ning. The moderator, Lorilei Terry Halley, has a great tutorial and teaching piece. I have asked to link to it from here, however I believe you need to join ning and stitchin fingers to access the information. No big deal, no cost and a great resource. Besides Take A Stitch Tuesday is there now. Anyway, it's a great segue to this picture. This is one of four hearts that is the center of a very old Shepherds Bush piece called Winter Hearts. There are a few pulled thread techniques in it, the one I remember is upright Greek cross.
I will update the How Do I Stitch entry if I get permission.
Yeah! Pulled Thread Tutorial
Thank you Lorilei

1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely project.

    I am also a member of this group but I am afraid that I have neglected it lately.

    Pierrette =^..^=

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. Comments are moderated.